- If you don’t submit a story, it will never be accepted
- Read the submission guidelines
- The editor is always right. If they found your story boring, unconvincing or unoriginal, then that’s their opinion.
- If you want to know what the editor finds interesting, convincing and original, then read the stuff they choose to publish. If you don’t like it, then you’re submitting to the wrong market.
- Everyone hates having their work rejected. Every writer has their work rejected. Successful writers are the ones who learn from past rejections and keep submitting.
- The best thing to soften the pain of a rejection is to be working on your next story