- Don’t place too high a value on your reviews (there’ll always be good and bad ones).
- Don’t place too high a value on your Amazon Sales Position (no matter how high it is, it will go down eventually).
- When it comes to you writing, the only people whose opinions really matter are your editor and those you’ve chosen to be your alpha and beta readers. (And you should really listen to them!)
- Remember that you got into this to be a writer. If you’re writing, you’re doing what you wanted to do (and what you have to do).
- Always be working on your next story (that way you won’t feel so bad if the last one is rejected).
- Remember that being a writer is only part of who you are. You’re also a wife/husband/partner/mother/father/son/daughter/friend/colleague… (in fact, you spend more of your time being those things).