Skip to content
- Put it away for a few weeks. That way you can come back to it with a fresh mind
- Ask yourself Can I delete the first paragraph? The answer is usually yes
- Ask yourself Is the ending really as strong as is could be? The answer is usually no
- Read the story through out loud. It’s amazing the things you’ll pick up that you wouldn’t have seen on a read through.
- For the same reason – if you have the time and the patience – key the story in again
- Lastly: submit the story to a market. You can’t hang on to it forever…