Skip to content
- Go for a walk
- This is the age of the word processor, you don’t have to write your story in a linear fashion. Write a later section, one that interests you.
- Always have two or three things on the go at once of different lengths. If you don’t feel like working on the novel, have a go at the short story. Don’t feel like fiction? Work on non-fiction
- Stop trying to get it right. Just follow a character and see where s/he goes. You don’t have to use everything you write.
- Change things around. What if a character was the opposite sex? What if they were younger/older?
- Still can’t write? Then take a break. If you’re not enjoying writing your story, then it’s unlikely that anyone’s going to enjoy reading it.